Call for entries: Turn Up Multimedia Festival in the United States
This call targets artists of all ages, gender identity, race, sex, ethnicity, religion and nationality. The annual event aims to promote equality, cultural ties and interdisciplinary collaboration. Its program includes lectures, presentations and masterclasses of leading artists from different fields, circumstances and geographical areas. It culminates with numerous multimedia concerts which include the works of selected artists.
The organizers accept all works of visual / musical art, mainly works that fall into one of the following categories:
- The acoustics work for no more than five performers.
- Instrument (s) / voice (s) and fixed or electronic media live with or without video.
- Contact information.
- Instrumentation and length of the part.
- PDF score, if applicable.
- Registration of the work; mock-ups (MIDI) are acceptable.
- Links to watch a video, if available.
- List of materials you will provide.
- List of materials you will need for the festival.
- Consideration of the production of music videos.
- Biography of everyone involved (250 words max each).
- Computer program notes.
- An agreement to attend the festival if your work is selected.
- Each composer cannot submit more than two compositions / works.
- There is no time limit for composition submissions. However, works shorter than 15 minutes will generally be favored to allow more works to be scheduled.
- All Turn Up multimedia concerts will be both in person and live online.
- The application deadline is November 1r.
- The selected artists will be informed before December 15th.
- The selected artists will be invited to confirm their presence before January 1, 2022.
Interested artists can access the original call and application form here.