UNESCO Clubs Global Youth Multimedia Competition 2022
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Applications are open for the 2022 UNESCO Clubs Global Multimedia Competition. The USFUCA, UNESCO Center for Peace, World Genesis Foundation and WhizJuniors invite young people around the world to participate in this year’s Multimedia Competition.
Unprecedented connectivity puts young people in one of the best positions to bring about much-needed change in the world. UNESCO’s mission is to mobilize the optimism of young people to respond to an acute global problem to serve others now. Last year, motivated participants from more than 81 countries submitted more than 5,000 projects to this highly rewarding competition.
The 2020 SDG report makes it clear that the world is not on track to meet the goals by 2030. Even before the COVID-19 outbreak, progress had been slow. Six years after the approval of the 2030 Agenda, the average of the SDG index in the region shows modest progress in the goals set.
How is your region doing on the SDGs so far? From your point of view, in your country, what is the problem that hinders the achievement of ONE of the goals of the SDGs? What would be a real solution you could develop for your community/country to ensure success by 2030. Be sure to tell them which SDG goal you are focusing on.
- The three finalists in each age group will receive an official plaque engraved with their name and a certificate.
- They will receive an invitation to the UNESCO Universe Builders Camp to be held at Hood College in Frederick, Maryland, USA. The invitation will include a scholarship for camp fees, food, accommodation, and transportation to and from the airport. Airfare is not included. There will be a special ceremony for the contest winners at the camp. Additionally, the top 9 winners will be recognized and showcased at global events throughout the year. It’s a great opportunity for young people to learn leadership skills, learn how the United Nations behaves and meet young people from all over the world. Winners will be posted on the USFUCA and UNESCO websites.
- WhizJuniors will sponsor a one-year online subscription to all participants to gain access to over 125 technical courses, solve MCQs, complete labs and submit projects.
- Candidates can come from any country in the world;
- Applicants must be within the age range:
- Juniors – 10-14 years old;
- Youth – 15-19 years old;
- Young adult – 20-24 years old
- Submissions must be submitted by only one entrant.
Make sure your application meets the submission guidelines before submitting:
- The work must be relevant to the question.
- Your work must be original.
- All entrants must complete the submission form.
- Please ensure that your essay meets the following formatting criteria:
- 12 point Times New Roman
- Double interline
- 1 inch margins all around
- 500-700 words in English in MLA format.
- Videos should be no longer than 3 minutes.
- 3D art images will be accepted. You must complete the 100-word explanation of your work on the submission form.
- 1 entry per person
The final deadline is March 31, 2022. Judging will take place and the final winners will be announced on May 30, 2022.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Youth Multimedia Competition.